The Final Report of the Presidential Task Force on Library Education was issued on January 13, 2009, to the ALA Executive Board (2008-2009 EBD#12.30) for “discussion and referral to the ALA Committee on Accreditation.” The report includes recommendations to the 2008 Standards (found on pages 21-38), and comments on the report were collected between May and September of 2009. This section of the site documents this comment collection process and includes the following:
- The full text document of the Final Report of the Presidential Task Force on Library Education (PDF).
- The COA response (PDF) to the Final Report of the Presidential Task Force on Library Education. This response was transmitted to the Executive Board on June 1, 2009, and presented at the Executive Board meeting of July 13, 2009.
- Comments on the Task Force recommendations made directly on this site between May and September, 2009 (see comments section at the bottom of the page). Since the deadline for comments has passed, the comment feature has been turned off.
- Comments on the Task Force recommendations (PDF) sent directly to the Office for Accreditation. We have received comments, outside of this site, in response to the Task Force recommendations to the Standards. They are listed in chronological order, with the most recently received comment appearing first.
- 2008 Standards side-by-side with the ALA Library Education Task Force recommendations to the Standards (excel format). In order to easily compare the Task Force recommendations to the Standards, we have developed an excel spreadsheet that compares the two in a side-by-side format. Column A contains the 2008 Standards, and column B contains the Task Force recommendations to the 2008 Standards.